Winona Neighborhood Family Clinic will be closed for the month of January, in preparation of relocating. If you need an appointment or have any questions or concerns call our La Crosse office at (608)781-9880.
Joni M. Ralph, RDN
About Joni M. Ralph
Joni is a native of Grand Rapids, Michigan. She is a graduate of Michigan State University and Utah State University earning a Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition and degree as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Joni is passionate about empowering individuals to achieve their nutritionals goals with effective self-management techniques. Joni and her husband Dale spend time between unique places — with their son, Robert, and daughter-in-law, Kristina, on their rural organic farm—Lazy Daze Acres and with daughter, Kassandra, exploring and enjoying city life in Minneapolis! Their oldest daughter, Cindy, lives in sunny Phoenix, Arizona.
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)?
Registered dietitian nutritionists — RDNs — are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. Dietitians use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
Some common reasons for consulting with a registered dietitian nutritionist:
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. A dietitian serves as an integral part of your health-care team by helping you safely change your eating plan, modify your lifestyle and manage medications.
- You need to lose weight. A dietitian can suggest a low-calorie eating plan plus regular physical activity for weight loss while still eating some of your favorite foods.
- You want to eat smarter. A dietitian can help you sort through misinformation; learn how to read labels at the supermarket; discover that healthy cooking is inexpensive, learn how to eat out without ruining your eating plan and how to resist workplace temptations.
- Your child has been diagnosed with a disability by a physician that restricts his/her diet. A dietitian will help you navigate your child’s dietary restrictions to ensure his/her proper growth and development.
- You have digestive problems. A dietitian will work with your physician to help fine-tune your diet so you are not aggravating your condition with fried foods, too much caffeine or carbonation.