Virtual "Telemedicine" appointments are now available, via the Internet or Phone.
Please see our Telemedicine Page for more information.
We have placed a high priority on the safety and health of our patients, families and staff. We want to assure all of our patients that here at the Neighborhood Family Clinic we are monitoring and preparing for a response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The situation continues to change so we will share updates as they occur. Below are our current recommendations:
- Limited hours of operations at this time. See our Hours Page for up-to-date office hours.
- We are not offering any COVID-19 testing at this time.
- We will no longer be taking walk-in visits at this time. Please call ahead to be screened.
- If you have respiratory symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, fever and do not need medical attention please stay at home to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are experiencing difficulty breathing, worsening in symptoms, or you have significant conditions like COPD, Asthma, Heart Disease, Diabetes that increase your risk of serious illness please call our office or your local hospital triage line to be screened by a health care professional.
- If your symptoms are severe enough to need Emergency Department care please call them before coming or call 911 so they can prepare for your arrival.
If you are healthy please practice social distancing.
If you are healthy and have a wellness appointment with our office that can be postponed, consider this option in this time of social distancing.
If you are healthy but have an appointment for a problem type visit or medication recheck type visit please contact our office to see if a phone visit may be an alternative for you.
If you have appointments scheduled please reach out to be screened prior to arrival.